From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is KDE part of the system set?
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:04:28
1 On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:21:54 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I was always under the impression that @system was supposed to be a
4 > limited set of packages to build, including dependencies. For me, if I
5 > have a issue, I usually start with emerge -e system to see if it
6 > helps. Since there is some KDE stuff in there, that makes it build
7 > packages that I most likely don't need to be rebuilt. To me, KDE is
8 > not a system package.
9
10 Actually, it is, because you told it to be. To me, KDE is not a system
11 package, because I run different USE flags to you. Gentoo gave you the
12 gun but you pointed it at your foot :)
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Top Oxymorons Number 11: Terribly pleased