From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOT (Slightlt OffTopic): Scriptable Documentation system (HTML/PDF) ?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 23:03:04
1 On 02/07/2017 01:59 PM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > to create documentation about changes in the
5 > contents of releases, of the installation
6 > instruction and in system requirements I need
7 > a system, which is scriptable and therefore
8 > automatable.
9 >
10 > Current state is to make or changes manually
11 > in the different docs.
14 It sounds like you want text, HTML, or some other output format --
15 except with "include" directives and some preprocessing. Depending on
16 your needs, dev-python/sphinx might work out-of-the-box. I've used it to
17 create docs for Python projects, and you can see an example of the
18 HTML/LaTeX output, constructed from the same source:
19
20 HTML : http://michael.orlitzky.com/code/dunshire/doc/
21 LaTeX : http://michael.orlitzky.com/code/dunshire/doc/dunshire.pdf
22
23 If Sphinx isn't right for you, try a static website generator:
24
25 https://www.staticgen.com/
26
27 What you wind up with is sort of like a Makefile for your document. And
28 since HTML is only one potential output format, you can use it for
29 things other than websites.