From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 installation
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:39:05
1 Am Freitag 28 August 2009 17:41:42 schrieb Massimiliano Ziccardi:
2
3 > That's not very nice. I can't update to KDE4 'couse it's not ready stable
4 > enough, but KDE3 could get masked....It's seems like I'm living on the
5 > edge... :-)
6
7 Seems this needs some clarification: KDE 4.3 _is_ stable, otherwise it wouldn't
8 have been released by KDE devs. It's only the Gentoo ebuilds which are not
9 considered stable, yet. Although I don't have any idea what holds them up, it
10 installed and works smoothly on two of my systems.
11
12 That said, just try it, it's the best KDE you've ever seen :) .
13
14 Bye...
15
16 Dirk