From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] about sys-fs/zfs-fuse and qmerge
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 09:04:28
1 On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:43:09 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > In the comments... (#3) someone has asked to make the emerge once a
4 > specific file is edited to remove Werror calls.
5 >
6 > Someone replies with these few lines:
7 > ebuild /path/to/ebuild unpack
8 > edit the file
9 > ebuild /path/to/ebuild compile then install then qmerge
10 >
11 > I did `ebuild unpack'
12 > Found the file and made the necessary edits.
13 >
14 > Then ebuild install.
15 >
16 > But now looking a t man qmerge... its not at all clear how to install
17 > this compiled package with qmerge
18 >
19 > qmerge <opts> <pkgnames>
20
21 It means ebuild compile, then ebuild install then ebuild qmerge. qmerge
22 is an action for ebuild, although there is an unreleated qmerge commands
23 in portage-utils.
24
25 Actually, you don't need all of this as ebuild will perform all
26 uncompleted previous stages, so you only need
27
28 ebuild unpack
29 edit file
30 ebuild qmerge
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 I am in total control, but don't tell my wife.