From: Dan Wallis <mrdanwallis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with script calling OOCalc on amd64
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 03:30:12
1 On 16 March 2010 12:41, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I have run into a problem which I cannot explain.  I am trying to run this
5 > script in a amd64 installation:
6 >
7 > xterm -fg green -bg black -e 'gpg Personal/data.ods.gpg && oocalc \
8 > Personal/data.ods; shred --remove -z -v DATA/data.ods'
9 >
10 > On a x86 system, oocalc launches, I use the file and when I close it shred
11 > removes it.  On the amd64 system, the file is shredded as soon as it is
12 > opened.  This is what happens:
13
14 I get something similar with firefox: if it's the first instance, it
15 will block until I terminate firefox; but if there's already a firefox
16 running, it'll send a "open this URL" command to the other instance,
17 and close this new one.
18
19 I'm not sure if OOo is the same, but I'd recommend giving it a try.