From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsa just mucked up my cards on reboot
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 21:04:39
1 On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Michael Higgins <linux@×××××××.org> wrote:
2 > IDK what happened. I rarely restart the server.
3 >
4 > Two cards, both share ac_97 module. via_82xx and ice_1712
5 >
6 > Has anyone had to fix this recent development? Any clues as to what
7 > changed under the hood?
8
9 Hi,
10
11 I'm assuming you never specified the order and luckily they always
12 came up in the same order until now. I have 2 hda-intel sound devices
13 in my computer and the order seems to be random, until I specified it.
14
15 Check out this wiki page:
16 http://alsa.opensrc.org/MultipleCards#How_to_choose_a_particular_order_for_multiple_installed_cards
17
18 Or if that doesn't work and you need to take the "Nuclear" option and
19 use udev :)
20 http://alsa.opensrc.org/Udev