From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo sites go down too much!
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:08:50
1 On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 12:05 -0500, Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > Last week the gentoo forums went down. Then gentoo-wiki.com went down.
3 >
4 > Now it seems as though all of gentoo.org is down.
5 >
6 > What's the deal? What are we to do about this shoddy hosting?
9 Gentoo.org works for me.
10
11 IIRC gentoo-wiki.com is not an official Gentoo site and is not formally
12 associated with the Gentoo project. They don't share any
13 infrastructure. So other than both being Gentoo-oriented, the two sites
14 going down are unrelated.
15
16 Most of Gentoo's servers, IIRC, are hosted via donated resources, e.g.
17 OSL at Oregon State University on their dime. So unless someone wants to
18 shell out to move gentoo.org to a dedicated hosting company than can
19 gaurantee five 9s for some major cash, I suggest we be a little more
20 patient/forgiving.
21
22 -a