From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg upgrade problem
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 14:24:58
1 Just upgraded X.Org X Server from 1.5.3 to 1.6.3.901 and all is not
2 well.
3
4 First problem noticed is that copy and paste in gnumeric isn't
5 working. I used to be able to use the arrow keys to navigate, ctrl-c
6 to copy and ctrl-v to paste. The paste operation isn't presently
7 working. I rebuilt gnumeric, but it hasn't helped.
8
9 'cause of the gnumeric problem, I restarted X. It worked -- sort of.
10
11 My screen resolution has dropped from 1280x1024 to 1024x768, which is
12 not sufficient. I'm using a minimal xorg.conf -- no video and no
13 screen details. My ASUS mobo has ATI Radeon X1200 support on it --
14 rather low end but totally adequate for my needs.
15
16 A few weeks ago I encountered a similar resolution problem after
17 restarting X. That was solved after discovering I had both
18 x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati and x11-drivers/ati-drivers installed. I
19 removed ati-drivers and all was good (until this upgrade).
20
21 xrandr presently offers 1024x768 as maximum, which is the same as
22 Xorg.0.log indicates.
23
24 I have thoughts of downgrading to 1.5.3. Any better suggestions?
25
26 Regards,
27
28 David
29
30 FWIW, I've attached the Xorg.0.log files for both 1.5.3 and 1.6.3