From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with Summer Time setting
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:11:11
1 On 28 March 2006 15:30, Michael Kintzios wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > This has been talked to death. I never recall having any problems
5 > setting my system clock and getting it to automatically adjust to the
6 > British Summer Time change.
7 >
8 > I recently moved my fs from my desktop to a laptop. Unfortunately, the
9 > time change did not happen - I think that the fs was in limbo at the
10 > time the clock changed as I was moving it from one machine to the other.
11 > Since booted on the lappy it is still showing winter time (GMT), while
12 > the desktop system clock has happily changed over to the +1hr summer
13 > time setting.
14 >
15 > My /etc/localtime is pointing to /usr/share/zoneinfo/UTC (it was
16 > originally pointing to GMT but I changed it in an effort to fix it).
17
18 Shouldn't that point to /usr/share/Europe/London?
19
20 Uwe
23 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list