From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Gentoo-Wiki down too
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 20:43:08
1 I haven't been able to connect to it at all today. I remember reading that
2 the server had been cracked a couple of months ago and have been wondering if
3 we have a repeat performance here. I also have not been able to connect to
4 http://www.gentoo-portage.com/ . . .
5
6 As an aside, a number of gentoo servers seem to have attracted unwanted
7 attention in the recent months and were compromised. This could be a case of
8 weak passwds, clever crackers, etc. or it could even be some inherent
9 weakness of Gentoo on a production server. Shall I be getting nervous about
10 all this?
11 --
12 Regards,
13 Mick