From: Matthew Cline <matthew.cline@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: changing CHOST in stage3 (was : [gentoo-user] default stage3)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:13:38
1 First off, I've never tried to create a new thread from an existing
2 one, so please excuse me if I screwed up the threading, etc.
3
4 On 11/21/05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > You can change
6 > everything after a stage 3 install, although you have to be careful when
7 > changing CHOST.
8
9 I've just completed a stage3 install, and I'd like to change the CHOST
10 from "i386-pc-linux-gnu" to "i586-pc-linux-gnu". I planned to do
11 something like this:
12
13 1. change CHOST
14 2. emerge gcc gcc-config binutils glibc
15 3. env-update && source /etc/profile
16 4. use gcc-config to switch to new compiler
17 5. emerge gcc gcc-config binutils glibc
18 6. emerge -e system
19
20 Are there any additional precautions/steps that I should take?
21
22 Thanks in advance,
23
24 Matt