From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [WAY OT] GUI programming for Linux (and Windows possibly)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:23:42
1 On 6/28/09, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Actually I'm liking the suggest to try using R. I have already managed
3 > to read my data files using the read.csv function. When I understand
4 > headers and tables better I'll likely be able to make my plots from
5 > that data pretty easily. It's cross platform so it solves that problem
6 > and keeps me focused on where I might add value - evaluating the
7 > market data - and not worrying about how to program in C or Python.
8 >
9 > Open to other ideas but this one is looking pretty good to me so far.
10
11 If you have your data in a text-like, tabular format that R likes then
12 you might also try feeding them into a data mining package like Weka.
13 Depending on what kind of analysis you are looking for, it might be
14 even better (and easier) than R -- or entirely unsuitable. :)
17 Arttu V.