From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge is loosing memory?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 04:37:40
1 Hi,
2
3 it seems, something has screwed up my system.
4
5 The symptoms are: Updateing a certain package with emerge (which
6 successfully compile and install that package) has no effect.
7 Next time exactly the same package is reported again as to be
8 updated.
9
10 And qsearch reports that my metadatabase has gone with the wind
11 and I have to do a 'w -m' as root, which helps for that moment,
12 but next it is again not present. I think (read:dont know for sure)
13 that the
14 eix-sync && emerge -pv --verbose --update --deep world
15 has "killed" it.
16
17 Unfortunately I am not that deeply involved in the internal
18 data handling of the gentoo package manager to have an idea
19 what is going wrong here.
20
21 What can I do to fix this problem ?
22
23 Kind regards and have a nice weekend!
24 mcc
29 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
30 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
31 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
32 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.