From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how to use two graphics cards with one display
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:34:31
1 Hi,
2
3 is there a way to reasonably use two graphics cards with a single
4 display?
5
6 SLI won't work because it's retarded in requiring the GPUs to be the
7 same, which they aren't --- not to mention that the cards would be too
8 far away from each other in the slots for a bridge to fit.
9
10 So what I'm thinking of is like using one card as a default and being
11 able to use the other one to play a video in some window on the same
12 display, preferably managed by the same fvwm, with the window optionally
13 being fullscreen in size. I'd like to do that because the card I have
14 isn't powerful enough to play a video while an open gl application is
15 running at the same time.
16
17 I'll probably get a better card once prices come down a bit, but it
18 might have the same problem, and why would I want to waste an otherwise
19 perfectly good graphics card.