From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 回复: [gentoo-user] Why iwconfig wlan0 enc can't work?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 07:49:34
1 On Friday 21 Oct 2011 16:40:01 Lavender wrote:
2 > What!!! I know wpa_supplicant don't support
3 > AES encryption method ,so I use wireless tools......
4
5 Who told you that?
8 > So it seems that I have to use wpa_supplicant and
9 > change AES encryption method into TKIP.
10
11 No you don't, unless the AP is configured to work with WPA only and not WPA2.
12 The latter uses CCMP.
15 > I feel a little depressed :-(
16
17 Instead of feeling unnecessarily depressed, you may want to spend a few
18 minutes studying the manual files and looking at the example or configuration
19 files of applications that you intend to use:
20
21 Why do you think that wpa_supplicant does not support AES encryption? The
22 config file which is nicely commented shows:
23
24 =========================================
25 # pairwise: list of accepted pairwise (unicast) ciphers for WPA
26 # CCMP = AES in Counter mode with CBC-MAC [RFC 3610, IEEE 802.11i/D7.0]
27 =========================================
28
29 So to make your wireless connection work, emerge wpa_supplicant and add
30 something like this in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:
31
32 network={
33 ssid="Rebellion"
34 bssid=XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX <--enter the AP MAC address
35 proto=RSN
36 key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
37 pairwise=CCMP
38 auth_alg=OPEN
39 group=CCMP
40 psk="ascii key goes in here" <--use wpa_passphrase to create it
41 priority=5
42 }
45 To learn how to use wpa_passphrase run:
46
47 man wpa_passphrase
48
49 in a terminal.