From: Jeff Grossman <jeff@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: World File
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:14:50
1 Matan Peled <chaosite@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >Jeff Grossman wrote:
4 >> I was reading a different thread about the world file does not
5 >> necessarily contain all of the programs installed, if they are
6 >> installed from a dependency. Is there a way to see what programs are
7 >> installed on the machine which are not in the world file?
8 >
9 >Sure, use equery. Like so:
10 >
11 > equery list
12
13 That is a handy little tool. Thanks for the information.
14
15 May I ask, what is the number in the parenthesis? I would assume it
16 is the slot number of the install. If I am something installed in
17 more than one slot, is there a way for me to know if I can safely
18 remove it?
19
20 Thanks,
21 Jeff