From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome default file associations broken
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:01:16
1 Hello List,
2
3 somehow all default file associations are broken in my gnome installation and
4 seem to point at the KDE applications instead.
5
6 When right-clicking in nautilus on a pdf file, the default action is
7 kghostview instead of evince (in kde the default is acroread) and the default
8 action for inode/directory even is cervisia which makes gnome desktop
9 unusable like that. When logging in in KDE the right kde applications are
10 offered as default but in Gnome they used to be different.
11
12 Where are gnome defaults handled?
13 "xdg-mime query default inode/directory" shows correct app in kde but is empty
14 in gnome.
15 Calling "update-mime-database /usr/share/mime" and "update-desktop-database"
16 do not change anything. Does anyone have a hint where to look? What role does
17 gnome-vfs play?
20 Yes, I can change the settings in my user, but since it's a multiuser system,
21 it is important to change the defaults.
22
23 Thanks,
24 Sascha