From: Tom Naujokas <tomnaujokas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6.15
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:40:00
1 On 3/16/06, Cláudio Henrique <rapaduraatomica@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > one of them is about preemption. I tried the desktop and low latency
4 > desktop options, and in both of them my desktop seemed overloaded.
5 > even mouse movement was chopped.
8 This sounds similar to a kernel upgrade problem that I had a few versions
9 ago. The mouse would get choppy any time the system was accessing
10 a disk. Having several applications reading/writing in parrallel would make
11 the
12 system unusable. Disk access was also much slower.
13
14 I used genkernel to build the kernel and I had forgotten the step about
15 copying over the /proc/config.gz. There is a reference in the handbook
16 to this:
17
18 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#genkernel
19