From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Libsld, what gives?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 16:01:17
1 >-----Original Message-----
2 >From: Andreas Fink <finkandreas@×××.de>
3 >Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 6:59 AM
4 >To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 >Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Libsld, what gives?
6 >
7 >On Wed, 16 Nov 2022 02:11:18 -0500
8 >Alan Grimes <alonzotg@×××××××.net> wrote:
9 >
10 >> I'm jackhammering the system now and I'm getting about 50% error spew
11 >I would suggest a different tool than a jackhammer to fix the problems.
14 A machete is a much better choice usually. Chop out all the weeds like poorly-maintained overlays, programs you don't use any more, and (in extremity) the virtuals and perl.
15
16 Trying to go deep first and fix the core with all the brush and rubbish still cluttering up the top is usually an exercise in frustration and a good way to have some errant twig poke you in the eye repeatedly.
17
18 LMP