From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --exclude gentoo-sources
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 13:29:50
1 On Fri, 1 August 2014, at 5:58 pm, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I know I can use this option to protect kernel sources I
4 > want to keep around, from removal, via depclean.
5 >
6 > Other suggestions to keep the kernel sources around ?
7
8 Just copy the ebuild to your local portage tree and then `emerge =sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.14.1` (or whatever version).
9
10 With some packages it's important to include some contents of /usr/portage/category/package-name/files but not for gentoo-sources.
11
12 There's no need to update your kernel more often than every few months.
13
14 Stroller.