From: "Matthew R. Lee" <gentoo@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] alsa and Intel HD audio
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 17:17:02
1 I'm struggling with getting my soundcard setup
2 from lspci
3 00:1b.0 Audio Device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH 7 Family) High Definition
4 Audio Contoller (rev 03)
5
6 chip=Generic 14f1 ID 5047
7
8 I've compiled alsa support into the kernel:
9 Device Drivers --->
10 Sound --->
11 <*> Sound card support
12 Advanced Linux Sound Architecture --->
13 <*>alsa
14 <*>sequencer support
15 <*>oss mixer api
16 PCI devices --->
17 <*> Intel HD Audio
18
19 I've followed the Gentoo Linux ALSA Guide and the HARDWARE Intel 945G on
20 gentoo wiki. I've also checked the gentoo-forums and googled about
21 When I boot the kernel I get no error messages
22
23 cat /proc/asound/cards
24 cat /proc/asound/version
25 cat /proc/asound/oss/sndstat
26 all give the expected responses
27
28 dmesg doesn't report any problems
29
30 when I run alsa mixer I get on bar only - master
31 that's it KDE says it can't detect the sound card
32 Sofar I havn't installed any other software that uses sound, but I intend to
33 install amarok, kmplayer, realplayer etc
34
35 any help would be appreciated
36 Matt
37 --