From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot failure using root=LABEL=RAID1root but not LABEL=RAID6root
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 22:24:48
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 12:53 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
4 >wrote:
5 >> Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
6 ><SNIP>
7 >>
8 >> Mark.
9 >>
10 >> I seem to remember that to be able to use LABEL for the root= line
11 >requires an init* as you need userspace utilities to read the labels.
12 >>
13 >> You could try the UUIDs instead. But I am not sure if that might
14 >work.
15 >>
16 >> HTH
17 >>
18 >> Joost
19 >>
20 >> PS. All the best for 2013!
21 >> --
22 >> Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
25 >I don't know if you're right but it makes sense. If I need e2label to
26 >read labels from the CLI then I probably need all the same stuff in
27 >the initramfs which this one doesn't have.
28 >
29 >The problem I have with that idea is that all I put in the RAID6 which
30 >does have an initramfs is e2fsck, not e2label or anything else.
31 >However maybe e2fsck has that capability and that's why it's working?
32 >
33 >Good catch!
34 >
35 >Thanks, and best wishes for the new year and a safe New Year's eve to
36 >all.
37 >
38 >Cheers,
39 >Mark
40
41 Mark.
42
43 I think there was a thread about this earlier this year when people started noticing sda/hda changes.
44 As I don't have access to my desktop at the moment. I can't check.
45
46 Good luck with it.
49 Joost
50 --
51 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.