From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [gentoo-user] .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 09:17:37
1 On Tuesday, 14 January 2020 18:36:23 GMT n952162@×××.de wrote:
2 > I guess you're referring to this:
3 >
4 > "The use of emerge-webrsync is recommended for those who are behind
5 > restrictive firewalls (because it uses HTTP/FTP protocols for downloading
6 > the snapshot) and saves network bandwidth. Readers who have no network or
7 > bandwidth restrictions can happily skip down to the next section."
8 >
9 > Indeed that was a sub-theme of my question (although I oversaw that
10 > "emerge-" was indeed part of the command): could that have an impact on my
11 > problem? I'm not behind a firewall and have no bandwidth restrictions
12 > (DSL). It's a bad state when you start having to do things which are
13 > nominally not relevant, because you don't have anything else to lose (but
14 > time). That's called "grasping at straws"
15
16 Why don't you just try it? What could you lose?
17
18 "When all else fails, read the instructions."
21 Regards,
22 Peter.