From: john <jdm@×××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Plone
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 00:07:01
1 On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 00:31:39 +0200
2 Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Am 17.06.2011 23:16, schrieb john:
5 > > Hello,
6 > >
7 > > I have installed Plone but unfortunately it will not run. I believe
8 > > this is down to PIL not being installed as shown when starting Zope
9 > > in foreground.
10 > >
11 > > I have emerged dev-python/imaging but Zope still cannot see PIL. I
12 > > think the issue is because Plone/Zope depends on python 2.4.
13 > >
14 > > Any recommendations on a fix???
17 > You might have to run python-updater in order to install all
18 > python-packages for this version. I'm not sure if python-updater does
19 > this correctly if you don't have python-2.4 enabled via `eselect
20 > python`. You might want to try this as well.
21 >
22 > Hope this helps,
23 > Florian Philipp
26 I have eselect python2.4 but when running python-updater I get:-
27
28 File "/usr/bin/portageq", line 98
29 except portage.exception.InvalidAtom as e:
30 ^
31 SyntaxError: invalid syntax
32 File "/usr/bin/portageq", line 98
33 except portage.exception.InvalidAtom as e:
34 ^
35 SyntaxError: invalid syntax
36 * Python 2 and Python 3 not installed
37
38 Have also tried emerge imaging with python2.4 set and get :-
39
40 File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 44 except PermissionDenied as e:
41 ^
42 SyntaxError: invalid syntax
43 on2.4
44
45 Think the python-updater looks forward but not backward (if you see
46 what I mean)
47
48 I have also tried changing all the references in bin scripts from
49 python2.4 to python2.7 but this fails miserably. The only thing I can
50 think of at the moment is to download manual package and install but
51 I'm really not sure where this is going to stick all the modules?
52
53 Thanks
58 John D Maunder