From: Roger Luethi <collector@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] insert text onto a PDF
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:23:35
1 On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:29:52 +0000, Thufir wrote:
2 > The tools I found are Xfig and flpsed. Xfig is a general image editor,
3 > while flpsed is specifically for marking up PDF files. It's important
4 > to note that neither of these programs can actually edit PDF files.
5 > Rather, they can be used to add new text and graphics on top of the
6 > file. This is generally all you need for filling out typical business
7 > forms such as contracts. "
8
9 Jarnal is the best tool I've seen for this purpose so far. You can load a
10 PDF as a background, paint/write all over it and export the result as PDF
11 again.
12
13 No ebuild, though.
14