From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VFS: Cannot open root device - kernel panic
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 07:56:58
1 On Thu, 24 May 2007 20:44:10 -0400, Denis wrote:
2
3 > I have an Intel D975XBX2 motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
4 > processor. One Seagate SATA drive. An IDE CD-RW. Pretty much all
5 > the controllers on the board are Intel.
6
7 > One concern I have - when I configure the kernel, I fail to see where
8 > libata option is for the SATA driver... I scoured the whole
9 > menuconfig a few times but for some reason get the feeling like there
10 > are some options missing or something.
11
12 You probably need the AHCI driver with this board, if not the PIIX one.
13 The output of lspci will help decide. You'll also need a driver for the
14 PATA chipset for your CD drive to work.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.