From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Training Spamassassin via KMail
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:29:13
1 I have Spamassasin running on my mail server rather than on my desktop box. I
2 therefore can't run the Anti-Spam Wizard on KMail, since it correctly fails to
3 detect a spam filter as installed. I have a mailbox configured on my server for
4 spam. Any mail sent to that mailbox is used to train Spamassasin. Before
5 upgrading to KDE 4, I had a button on my toolbar which activated a filter to
6 forward missed spam back to the spam mailbox on my server. This transferred
7 over on the upgrade but there was some sort of warning message on the filter
8 that it could not be edited or it would be lost. I don't recall the exact
9 message.
10
11 I recently had a runaway process fill up my hard disk and KMail crashed because
12 the hard drive was full. I fixed that issue but had to reconfigure KMail from
13 scratch and lost my Spam button. I've been unable to find any info on the 'Net
14 on how to recreate it.
15
16 What I'd like is a button on my KMail toolbar that, when pressed, forwards the
17 selected email to a specific email address and moves the email to the Spam
18 folder. Any help in configuring this would be greatly appreciated.