From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: keyboard copy paste
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:11:48
1 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> writes:
2
3 > Am Sonntag, 30. August 2009 schrieb Harry Putnam:
4 >
5 >> Now I want to paste whats on the clipboard into an Xterm cmd line,
6 >> without going to the mouse.
7 >>
8 >> I'm running recent Xfce4 desktop... but not finding a way to do this.
9 >>
10 >> Can I just steal whatever events happen when middle click on three
11 >> button mouse and put them into a keyboard shortcut?
12 >>
13 >> How might I do that?
14 >
15 > Pasting into an xterm or one of its clones can be done by Shift+Ins.
16
17 Haa... yes nice...
18
19 How about a way to activate a hyperlink from keyboard?
20
21 I have a list of videos that are displayed as hyperlinks on a web
22 page.
23
24 <Tab> will navigate to next and <shift><tab> to previous link and I see
25 they are selected... but I find no keyboard action that does whatever
26 a mouse click does to hyperlinks...
27
28 I thought either <spc> or <enter> but neither of those activate the
29 links. Also tried quite a few other keyboard combos, but never did
30 find one that activates a hyperlink like a mouse click does.
31
32 Thanks for the paste combo!