From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gmail spam
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:56:23
1 On 7/20/06, Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
2 > This seems to be a problem with Gmail (I haven't seen it).
3
4 Well the only way this could happen is if his fetchmail setup (since
5 "General SMTP/ESMTP error" is a fetchmail message) or his local qmail
6 setup (just a guess based on the headers) was somehow fubared in a way
7 that only puked on gmail messages.
8
9 In any case, fetchmail/qmail should *not* be ignoring the return-path
10 header and sending bounce messages directly to me. They are supposed
11 to go to gentoo-user+bounces, or the postmaster account, or somewhere
12 that someone can do something about it!!!
13
14 > Use your ISP's mail service or find another ISP ?
15
16 Gaaa! And be restricted to only getting/sending mail from one
17 location? Um, no thanks. ;-P
18
19 But I think it is time to just filter this stupidity out....
20
21 Cheers,
22 -Richard
23 --