From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Music player being run from an emerge
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 18:11:07
1 Hi all,
2 This all happens on an up to date openrc machine with the profile
3 default/linux/amd64/17.0/desktop/plasma
4
5 I've added a few hooks to the emerge process via the bashrc that is in
6 /etc/portage. One of the things I do upon emerge failure is kill vlc,
7 which would have been playing a random song, and then attempt to start
8 alsaplayer[1] with a specific song. This means that I can be pottering
9 around the house/shed and if the "failure song" starts playing, I know
10 something is up. The problem is getting the failure song to play.
11
12 If I log in as my usual user, alsaplayer will run the song. If I then
13 "su" into root, I'm in wheel, alsaplayer will play the song. The problem
14 is that when the emerge runs, then fails, alsaplayer can't appear to
15 fire up. When an emerge fails, I get the usual error listings then the
16 following:
17
18 * ACCESS DENIED: open_wr: /dev/snd/controlC0
19 * ACCESS DENIED: open_wr: /dev/snd/controlC0
20 ALSA lib
21 /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.1.9/work/alsa-lib-1.1.9/src/confmisc.c:674:(snd_determine_driver)
22 could not open control for card 0
23 ALSA lib
24 /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/alsa-lib-1.1.9/work/alsa-lib-1.1.9/src/conf.c:3572:(snd_config_hooks_call)
25 function snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards returned error: Permission
26 denied
27 ....
28 ...
29 ..
30 .
31
32 Amongst this stuff is a line:
33
34 LOG FILE: "/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-20431.log"
35
36 which I think confirms my suspicions that something is wrong with my
37 sandbox as I also get this error when the email fails and just before
38 the failure hook, running alsaplayer, is run:
39
40 ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsandbox.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded
41 (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
42
43 Are there any emerge/sandbox gurus out there who might have an idea as
44 to what's going on? Any thoughts are greatly apreciated,
45
46 Andrew
49 [1] vlc won't play as root hence I tried alsaplayer