From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Combining multiple pointer devices into one
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:32:25
1 On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 09:57:10AM +0000, James Broadhead wrote:
2 > On 31 October 2011 09:13, Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 > > When I look at /dev/input I see the devices mice, mouse0, mouse1,
4 > > mouse2, mouse3. The first one, mice, seems to be a combination of all
5 > > other mouse devices.
6 > >
7 > > On the console I want to use gpm to get a pointer, but gpm can only
8 > > take one MOUSEDEV entry at a time (as far as I know), so currently I
9 > > have it set on /dev/input/mice. Ideally, however, I only want to use
10 > > mouse0 and mouse2 on the console (mouse1 is actually a touchscreen and
11 > > its output is "junk" from the point of view of the ps2 driver, and
12 > > actually causes problems).
13 > >
14 > > How does one create, using udev, an input device that aggregates just
15 > > the data from mouse0 and mouse2?
16 >
17 > Do you mean for X, or a /dev/ node for gpm ? Like /dev/input/most_mice ?
18 >
19 > For the first, this is configurable in xorg.conf. No clue about the second.
20
21 The second. Like you said, in xorg.conf I can select multiple pointer
22 devices, so there's no need to worry about X (and in fact the X events
23 driver is capable of dealing with the touchscreen). So yes, I would
24 like something in the spirit of /dev/input/all_but_one_mice.
25
26 Thanks
27
28 W
32 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
33 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
34 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton