From: Michael Pobega <pobega@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Microphone help
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:24:41
1 Hello gentoo-user.
2
3 I bought a Creative NX Pro 2 webcam a few years back, and got it working
4 with no problems in Gentoo using the gspcav1 drivers from Portage. Now,
5 when I plug in the microphone (Which isn't a USB, but a regular
6 microphone) nothing happens. I can't hear it through my speakers no
7 matter how high I make the sound and I'm not sure if there are any
8 drivers I need to load before it will work.
9
10 Running `cat /proc/asound/cards` doesn't do much...It _should_ show my
11 device, but in actuality shows:
12
13 > ackbar linux # cat /proc/asound/cards
14 > 0 [Intel ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
15 > HDA Intel at 0xfeb38000 irq 16
16
17 So at the moment I'm pretty sure my microphone isn't being detected at
18 all. Perhaps there is a kernel driver I missed (looked through two
19 times) or something I need to emerge?
20
21 If this driver is unusable in Gentoo, can someone recommend me a
22 (relatively cheap) replacement? Because I'd like to be able to use it as
23 soon as possible. Thank you.
26 If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
27 programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they
28 restrict the use of these programs.
29 - Richard Stallman