From: "Michael W. Holdeman" <lists@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] internet/lan access control
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:44:57
1 I have a home and office LAN using comcast broadband cable for access. My
2 office and laptop is Linus, the kids home computers for homeschooling are
3 running xp-home. I want to switch the home machines to linux desktops and use
4 vmware for running their homeschooling software.
5 Problem is I like the comcast security manager system, It regulates the kids
6 access and is very easy (gui) to manage. It is however being replaced by
7 mcafee's system. It is not nearly as good.
8 Does anyone know of a system I can use in Linux on say a firewall, or gateway
9 machine (gw is now a linksys wireless router) that is easy to work with and
10 maintain that will regulate specific users internet access time etc...
11
12 Mike
15 Michael W. Holdeman
19 Powered by Gentoo Linux www.gentoo.org |