From: Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LDAP with no privileged login
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:56:01
1 Hi list,
2
3 I'm configured a LDAP server to be used as a users database. Now, I
4 want to setup linux box clients to auth against LDAP server. I
5 installed ldap-pam and ldap-nss. In /etc/ldap.conf file I have to
6 inform rootdn password. What is the best way to do this since the
7 configuration file has to be readable to all. I think that use
8 privileged login in this situation (even if I use /etc/ldap.secret
9 file) is dangerous. So, should I created a LDAP user just to be used
10 as a rootdn login? how can I create a nonprivileged login?
11
12 Thank you,
13
14 Leandro.