From: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 equivalent for kwifimanager-3.5
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:13:12
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I would use kde-base/kwifimanager-3.5.10 every now and then to check networks,
5 > IP address, or strength of signal when I would not use iwconfig or iwlist.
6 > This will be removed soon, so what is the KDE4 equivalent?
7
8 Suse has a kde4 version of knetworkmanager. I assume that this will
9 appear in gentoo at some point. Otherwise you could give "wicd" a try. I
10 found it very functional and useful! It is a service running in the
11 background but has different programs to show available networks and
12 configure. The "ncurses" useflag makes it build a cli client. And a GTK
13 client is built in any case.
14
15 cheers
16 Thomas
20 Thomas Kahle
21
22 The fundamental theorem of algebra is open source. Like any other
23 mathematical theorem it can be applied free of charge and everybody
24 has access to its proof and can convince himself how it works. Why
25 should software be any different?