From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: After /usr conflation: why not copy booting software to /sbin rather than initramfs?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:24:25
1 On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 04:54:05 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > No need for that, just change locking_dir in lvm.conf to somewhere
4 > > writeable, as mentioned in the bug report - comment 6.
5
6 > Well, I didn't want to mess with the config much since I may make it
7 > worse. So, I built a new kernel 3.3.0 and built a new init do hicky.
8 > Now, it seems to work. It boots with no errors and everything mounts.
9 > I also downgraded to lvm2-2.02.88 which works. A newer version may work
10 > but that is what I went back to. It was the last one that I knew
11 > worked.
12
13 You didn't want to change one line in a file, which you could have easily
14 changed back if it didn't work, so you rebuilt the whole kernel and
15 initramfs (which are irrelevant to the bug) and downgraded? :-O
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day, but give him a case of
22 dynamite and soon the village will be showered with mud and seaweed and
23 unidentifiable chunks of fish.