From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting the clock with ntp
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 12:11:13
1 Chris Stankevitz wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > What is the gentoo equivalent to this ubuntu command:
5 >
6 > apt-get install ntpdate && ntpdate pool.ntp.org
7 >
8 > The first command installs ntpdate, a program that uses ntp to
9 > immediately set the clock, even if it is going to be a large
10 > adjustment. The second comment tells ntpdate to sync the clock.
11 >
12 > Thank you,
13 >
14 > Chris
19 I use this command for checking if the clock is getting synced and
20 accurate, enough.
21
22 ntpdate -b -u -q pool.ntp.org
23
24 If it happens to be way off, I remove the -q option and it will set the
25 clock, rather abruptly tho. Someone posted that command for me AGES ago
26 so figured I would pass it on. ;-)
27
28 Dale
29
33 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!