From: "Régis Décamps" <regis@×××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dual boot: XP installed last?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:15:20
1 On 10/30/06, james <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > > you just have to rerun grub setup.
7 >
8 > Hmmmm,
9 >
10 > If I install XP in the partition and it writes over the MBR,
11 > then, upon reboot, how do I get to grub.conf so I have the
12 > option to reboot the gentoo, then run grub setup?
15 On windows run:
16 fdisk /mbr
17 (or somethink similar I can't recall exactly)
18
19 That restores your previous bootloaker, ie grub.
20
21 Then boot normally and add in your grub/menu.lst:
22 title Windows/Mac OS X/whatever
23 root (hd1,2) <--- !!! change this !!!
24 makeactive
25 chainloader (--force )+1
28 Régis
29