From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sharing an internet connection
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:26:48
1 I travel with a strong external antenna for picking up faint wireless
2 signals. It works great, but my girlfriend struggles to connect with
3 her built-in antenna. I do have a travel router (D-Link DWL-G730) so
4 I'd like to be able to do something like this:
5
6 WAN->my laptop->travel router->girlfriend's laptop
7
8 I use wicd and I'm not sure how to go about this, especially since my
9 laptop DHCPs for an IP from the WAN so I'm not sure how to define the
10 gateway for the travel router when following this:
11
12 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml
13
14 Is there a simple way to pull this off?
15
16 - Grant