From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Random reboots. Where to start?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:33:38
1 On Sunday 27 February 2011 20:12:29 Dale wrote:
2
3 > I did overclock my old rig once, folding complained so I set it back and
4 > haven't messed with it since.
5
6 Just an aside, Dale, to satisfy my curiosity: is this the protein-folding
7 BOINC application? What drew you to it? None of my business, I know, so tell
8 me so if you like, but I'm curious. My BOINC projects are einstein.phys,
9 setiathome, lhcathome, milkyway and cosmologyathome. They keep this i5
10 occupied.
11
12 > I got to find some good way to use all this ram.
13
14 I was afraid you'd find that. As I said the other day, my 4GB are enough to
15 prevent swapping almost all the time.
16
17 > Maybe I need to start working with editing videos or something. I got
18 > some on VHS that need to be on DVD. ^_^
19
20 Are you taking commissions? :-)
23 Rgds
24 Peter