From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get KMS to set the screen resolution to that of the external monitor attached to the laptop.
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 16:12:20
1 Am 28.02.2010 15:05, schrieb ubiquitous1980:
2 > Is there a way to get KMS to set the resolution to 1680 x 1050 so that I
3 > have more real estate on my external monitor. At present, the external
4 > monitor is not getting full use with parts of it blacked out to make the
5 > resolution of the laptop's screen.
6 >
7 > Thanks,
8 >
9 > Damien
10 >
11 As far as I know there is no solution for that. All my researchs showed
12 that KMS at this time can't handle two different framebuffer resolutions
13 in that matter that both displays use the full panel.
14
15 Greetings
16
17 Sebastian