From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Accidently removed gcc-lib
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:42:24
1 Mine GO BOOM wrote:
2 > My motherboard on my Gentoo machine died, so I upgraded the system to
3 > a much more powerful machine I had laying around. Figuring now that I
4 > can actually compile things faster (went from a low-grade Via CPU to
5 > AMD 1700+), I went around and figured it was time to clean up some
6 > stuff.
7 >
8 > After removing old version of things I thought I didn't need and were
9 > not listed as being a dependency of any other applications, I found
10 > out that my /usr/lib/gcc-lib is no longer valid. Old versions have
11 > symlinks to the current, so when emerge was removing old files, it
12 > followed the symlink and removed out everything in 3.3.6, leaving
13 > empty symlinks.
14 >
15 > What could I do to rebuilt /usr/lib/gcc-lib? Or do I need to copy this
16 > from a prebuild stage tarball and then have reemerge something?
17
18 Check to see if you have a copy in /usr/portage/packages/All/. I have
19 buildpkg in my make.conf and it saves a compiled "rescue" copy there.
20 Since we have a similar system, I could email you mine if you would like.
21
22 May want to wait a bit and see if someone else has a better idea too. ;-)
23
24 Dale
25
27 --