From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] postfix: /etc/postfix/aliases or /etc/mail/aliases ?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 03:21:34
1 I have an old log warning I want to clean up, and am assuming that the
2 aliases and aliases.db file would typically be in the same directory. When
3 the postfix service starts at boot;
4 postfix/postalias[607]: fatal: open /etc/postfix/aliases.db: Read-only file
5 system
6
7 The location is currently configured in main.cf;
8 # postconf alias_maps
9 alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
10
11 And looks like the installer puts the original alias file there too, so I
12 assume my config is per the default config;
13 # qlist postfix | grep aliases
14 /etc/postfix/aliases
15
16 But this;
17 # grep aliases /lib/systemd/system/postfix.service
18 ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/newaliases
19 ReadWritePaths=-/etc/mail/aliases.db
20
21 Suggests that /etc/mail is the correct location, so i'm wondering if i
22 missed an update to postfix.service. Can a postfix user please check their
23 ReadWritePaths to see if it's /etc/mail/aliases.db or
24 /etc/postfix/aliases.db ? Cheers.