From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Enable DRI on HP Presario 2200 with PCI graphics?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:25:34
1 I'm trying to configure xorg-server-1.5.3-r6 to use DRI on a 5-year-old
2 notebook with a PCI graphics card, but the only documentation I've been able
3 to track down that means anything assumes you're using AGP. I've installed
4 the Intel video drivers for xorg-server, and built the ones I could find
5 into my kernal (tried with 2.6.28 and 2.6.29), but no go. Am I missing
6 something glaringly obvious in my configuration, or should I just run it
7 sans DRI? PCI is compiled into the kernal, as are the Intel GMA 852/855
8 drivers, the I835 drivers and the I915 drivers. All are loaded plus
9 dependancies, but testing with glxinfo tells me it still can't open the
10 display. Output from lspci is below.
11
12 james@laptop ~ $ sudo lspci | grep VGA
13
14 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated
15 Graphics Device (rev 02)
16
17 Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
18
19 james@laptop ~ $