From: Per-Erik Westerberg <per-erik.westerberg@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kernel 3.2.x has problems with NetGear WNDA3100 wireless USB dongle
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:32:36
1 Hi,
2
3 I have come across a strange problem ...
4
5 I use a NetGear WNDA3100 USB wireless dongle which is using the kernel
6 module carl9170 as driver.
7
8 It is working fine for a little while, some minutes, then it stops
9 receiving/transmitting anything at all. If I unplug and insert it again
10 it works fine a couple of minutes before it stops receiving/transmitting
11 anything again. The LED is stuck on pink but not flashing blue/pink as
12 it usually do when receiving/transmitting data.
13
14 This is when using a 3.2.x version of gentoo-sources, if I use 3.1.10 of
15 gentoo-sources it is working fine for hours but sometimes shuts down
16 totally and the LED is off and only comes alive again if I unplug and
17 insert it.
18
19 Any ideas?
20