From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 05:11:48
1 On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 07:05:31PM +0200, Hartmut Figge wrote
2
3 > And i am still happy with lilo. Am i the only one? ;)
4
5 Me too. I have 2 kernels in the boot menu. "Production" and
6 "Experimental". Boot defaults to "Production". New kernels are loaded
7 as experimental. If it panics/dies consistently, I go back to square 1.
8 After it works OK for a few weeks, I run a "promote" script that copies
9 "Experimental" to "Production", and the cycle can begin again.
12 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>