From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache - virtual host not working
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:01:31
1 On Mon, December 12, 2011 7:23 am, Joseph wrote:
2 > Any any body provide me with hint why my "virtual host" is not working in
3 > apache?
4
5 We'll try :)
6
7 > I've copied server config files from one computer to another.
8
9 Which config-files?
10 I think apache uses the following:
11 /etc/conf.d/apache
12 /etc/apache/*
13
14 And is apache compiled with the same USE-flags on both machines?
15
16 > I used "meld" to be sure most changes are accurate but when try to access
17 > virtual host:
18 > I get:
19 > Forbidden
20 > You don't have permission to access / on this server.
21
22 This is either a missing/wrong configuration, or Apache does not have
23 access to the directory (filesystem permissions)
24
25 > I don't know where else to look.
26 >
27 > In /etc/hosts I have:
28 > 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mydomain.ca syscon5
29 > 10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
30 >
31 > If I comment out: #10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
32 > I can access this domain.
33
34 Does it work properly when you comment out this line?
35 Is the IP-adres correct?
36
37 > in: modules.d/00_default_settings.conf
38 > # We configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of features.
39 > <Directory />
40 > Options FollowSymLinks
41 > AllowOverride None
42 > Order deny,allow
43 > Deny from all
44 > </Directory>
45 >
46 > # added below
47 > <Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">
48 > AllowOverride All
49 > Order allow,deny
50 > Allow from all
51 > </Directory>
52 >
53 > <FilesMatch "^\.ht">
54 > Order allow,deny
55 > Deny from all
56 > </FilesMatch>
57 >
58 > I don't know where else to look. I can not access virtual domain on port
59 > 80 nor on 443
60
61 There is a different directory where the actual websites are configured:
62 /etc/apache/vhosts
63
64 I am missing this in your email.
65
66 > The server is working perfectly on my other computer running the same
67 > version of apache. As stated earlier I've compare configuration file with
68 > meld so I'm sure there are no mistakes.
69
70 What does apache report in the logs?
71 /var/log/apache/*
74 Joost