From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's future directtion ?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:59:06
1 Am 26.11.2014 um 21:39 schrieb Rich Freeman:
2
3 > Most devs can't wait to switch to git. There are a few who might
4 > prefer to stick with cvs but overall I don't think that is preventing
5 > us from switching at all.
6
7 (without having read the whole thread, sorry)
8
9 my *personal opinion* is that git brings a lot of advantages to software
10 development.
11
12 I am still no programmer and maybe will never be .... but I use git for
13 some of my projects and customer-related stuff ...
14
15 It's clever and complex and simple at the same time somehow.
16
17 Sometimes I wonder why syncing portage isn't yet available via git ;-)
18
19 Maybe it isn't because more clever devs have decided it is not clever at
20 all :-)
21
22 S