From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: PyQt4-4.5 and pykde4-4.2.4 blockers
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 03:12:05
1 On 06/10/2009 10:25 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Today's sync includes PyQt4-4.5 which is blocked by pykde4-4.2.4 (incompatible
3 > and build issues). Apparently pykde4-4.3 will fix this, but meanwhile I need
4 > to get emerge world to run and complete.
5 >
6 > To decide what to mask and what to leave, I need to discover what these
7 > packages actually do and what the effect will be if I unmask stuff. I *could*
8 > experiment, but will probably overlook many important things. As an assist to
9 > figuring this out and deciding, can someone tell me what pykde4 and PyQt4
10 > actually do and how these packages use them.
11
12 I recommend putting "-python" in your make.conf followed by "emerge
13 -auDN world" and then a depclean along with revdev-rebuild. This should
14 get rid of Python bindings. Usually, when you're not sure if you need
15 them, you don't need them. PyQt and PyKDE are big packages and not
16 worth having to just lying around.