From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Correct syntax for /etc/conf.d/modules
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 18:58:30
1 I am getting confused about the syntax that openrc is meant to follow ...
2
3 One box of mine that uses modules ran some script at the time that I upgraded
4 to openrc and it added my currently running modules into /etc/conf.d/modules.
5
6 The syntax was like so:
7
8 modules_2_6="${modules_2_6} cls_tcindex"
9 module_cls_tcindex_args_2_6="
10
11 Things moved on and with newer kernel versions I went to update the file after
12 I had a look at the documentation:
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
15
16 Well there is no ${modules_2_6} shown in the examples so I removed it from my
17 /etc/conf.d/modules. The new syntax was now:
18
19 modules_3_2="cls_tcindex"
20
21 and guess what? No modules loaded at all when I reboot. :-/
24 I had to add ${modules_3_2} in there to get things going again.
25
26 However 'echo ${modules_3_2}' on the CLI does not show anything. Can you
27 please explain why this variable is needed for modules to load up again and
28 why it is not shown in the documentation?
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick